|GRADE: Grade 3||CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 monthsOpen for National applicants|
|ROLE PURPOSE:Save the Children is seeking a Project Coordinator for its proposed 12-month USAID/FFP and OFDA-funded programs in Somalia designed to deliver emergency food assistance, health, nutrition and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), child protection (CP) services and DRR to drought-affected communities in Puntland, Somaliland, and South Central regions of Somalia and Somaliland. Through these projects, SC will respond to food insecurity, reducing mortality and morbidity levels and increase wellbeing among drought and conflict-affected communities in Somalia through integrated, multi-sectoral programming. We are currently seeking a senior-level Project Director to lead these critical projects in Somalia.
The Project Coordinator’s base of operations is Baidoa, Qardo and Boramaof Southern states, Puntland, and Somaliland regions of Somalia respectively to work with Program Managers and FSL,health, nutrition, WASH and CP program teams to provide implementation and reporting and support monitoring and evaluation, and ensure quality of the project. He/she will also ensure effective implementation of the project. The Project Coordinator will represent the projects to other key stakeholders in each location in Somalia, ensuring participation in key technical working groups and sectors (including Cash).
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to:Head of Programs
Reporting to:OFDA and FFP project teams(FSL, Health & Nutrition project officers, WASH project officers, CP project officers, MEAL project officers)
Budget Responsibilities:OFDA and FFP projects, according to Scheme of Delegation
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Program Implementation
Working closely with the Field Program Managers and FSL, Health, Nutrition, WASH and CP program managers as well as local partner staff to:
Personnel and Administration
Representation and Leadership
Monitoring and evaluation
· Where security permits, the Project Coordinator will make regular visits to field sites, to monitor and oversee project implementation and offer advice.
· Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Research unit to develop tools and ideas to ensure that the program is monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators and maintain monthly updated IPTT and share it with OFDA/FFP MEAL coordinator
· Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
· Contribute to situation/response analysis and any corresponding revision of program strategy documents and sector response plans ensuring integration with other sectors.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)Accountability:
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities at their respective area – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
· Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential, and to build the organization’s capability for the future.
· Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
· Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
· Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
· Displays consistent excellent judgement.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEEssential:
· Master’s degree or equivalent experience in development, humanitarian response, technical sector, health, and nutrition or related field is required.
· Prior experience designing and managing OFDA/FFP and/or USAID funded program is essential
· Experience with remote management and cash programming
· Prior experience living and working in conflict or emergency settings.
· Flexibility and the ability to effectively adjust expectations to on-the ground realities, while adhering to humanitarian minimum standards.
· Strength in inspiring and enabling others through teamwork, training, and capacity building to realize organizational objectives.
· Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Previous Project Coordinator experience
· Prior experience in Somalia
· Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Somalia
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobsor click the below link